Loneliness II

Speaking of loneliness, this is something that called my attention a few years ago, I just don't know what to do with it or what to make of it. Ramblings and notes left written on some edition of Metro news at Lougheed Town Centre's food court. I'm not alone in my perception of Vancouver being a lonely place. The local government intended to create "a 16-person task force that would discuss ways to increase engagement between Vancouverites". I understand the reasoning behind it, the need for a society that is more involved, and involvement requires socializing. But how do you overcome cultural stigmas, racial misconceptions and downright apathy to maintain personal relationships beyond the ones made at home, school and work, many of them not transcending those delimitations? There's a need to communicate, but when you start communicating with yourself... in writing, anywhere... is it a call for attention? Or a way to show "I don't need you"?
 



If anything, I now know that this guy is interested in the economy, is a Cancer, is an awesome Sudoku player and is scared to hell of strong women (which confirms my assumption that he's a guy).

Comments

Popular Posts